Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Weekend Update": A Recap

SATURDAY: My first one off since being here. (Granted, I've only been here for three...but still. It's Lexie's first as well, and she's been here longer than myself.) I went to my friend Kerry's mother's wedding dance, about a 30 minute drive or so away (which to them is nearing an inconvenient distance because of the scale of the country, but to myself is basically one's backyard). To be completely honest, I'm not one to enjoy such an event, but I decided to act my age for once and give into the peer pressure of getting up for nearly every song when motioned to by one of the girls...even though I only knew about a third of them. This is what I get for only listening to Indie music--I have little knowledge of pop music now.

Strangest moment of the night: seeing anyone under 21 drinking as if it was nothing. Not to get wasted or anything, but having a beer or something. I had to push the shock out of the way a little. (Never fear, I continued to abstain from alcohol as per my contract, both with YFC and with Crown. In case you were concerned.)

SUNDAY: A low-scale day. Went to Clonannese Presbyterian just down the road from us once again, and had to doodle during the sermon to keep myself conscious--bad idea to stay out so late when the clocks finally went ahead an hour here. Yikes. (That's what I get for acting my age, huh...) Then had lunch with the parents of the husband of my host couple here. Goal: get used to drinking tea at such an insanely hot temperature. I burnt my tongue once again today.

For the evening...no plans. And I intend to keep it that way. I think a chill night in is exactly what my poor wee homesick heart needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment