Saturday, March 5, 2011

Packing, Cleaning, and Fighting Illness

In less than 48 hours now, I'll be in Belfast. And that's frightening. I haven't a clue what I'm getting myself involved in, except that it's the Lord's work--the only work I ever want to be involved in.

The counting down of days and hours has taken a mighty toll on my stomach these last three days. Nauseas is not my idea of a great way to spend my last hours at home, but it seems this fate chose me. Today will be spent trying to convince my body to get over itself as well as doing the final touches on packing, reminding myself you cannot pack for 5 months, so do not try. (I'm just hoping to stay at least 5 pounds under the 50 mark.)

If you think of me in the next few days, shoot up a prayer. I'll be needing all the prayers I can get.

Oh, and if you'd like my address/would like to give me yours, do let me know! I'm looking forward to mailing little notes when I get the chance.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Here it comes! EXCITING!

    Ok so hey, I have a question. After all the anxiety leading up to leaving for this trip, did it prove to be worth it? The anxiety? I mean, I think you are still alive and everything. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete