Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day Trip to Indianaland

It's a big play area kind of place (like the play area in McDonald's on steroids) for little kids. We took a group of 7, and they were a handful but really not all that bad since it was about half the size of the group we expected. Then, made our own chocolate bars (I went for Sesame Street characters, because we all know they'll always be cool) and bowled (I got the highest score of the whole group with a 94, a feat I rarely conquer).

Big day. And I fought sleep the entire rest of the day. But I did get to meet Sarah G.'s lovely family and have a real family dinner, something I haven't had in ages upon ages. It was more exciting and heartwarming than I could ever describe. I miss talking to people during meals and it not being awkward. I miss walking to the Crown cafeteria with my wonderful friends. I miss community. I feel quite isolated lately. Not homesick, but isolated. Like I just want to hug someone, but there's no one around to hug.

Sorry, that was a rather deep thought I suppose.

(And by the way, I'm noticing that my vernacular is changing a bit the more I hang around with the Northern Irish. I hope you don't mind, because it seems a bit inevitable.)

Anyway. Another big, eventful day. Tomorrow, church down the road and then going back to Sarah's to do all the farm-type things Lexie's dreamed about and never done...but I've done all my life. So maybe I'll just take a relaxing, homesick-y day. A day where I let myself miss the smell of silage and the crunch of gravel and the feel of a dog's tongue on my face and a cat's whiskers against my ankles. (I wish Sarah's dog liked people. I would be his best friend if he did.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds kind of like the WOW Zone in Mankato, or Chuckie Cheese's. OMGOSH if it was like Chuckie Cheese at all, I am SO SORRY! ;)

    I definitely know the feeling of isolation, but I better it's even harder having that feeling when you are so far from home. :( If I was there, I would give you a hug. :O Why are you apologizing for deep thought? That's the best thought. My favorite parts of these blogs so far (although it's all great, of course) are the deeper thoughts parts. I like hearing more about what you are thinking and stuff. I would encourage you to please do that more! I love it. And it shows how you are tying together what you are learning and what you are observing and etc. PLEASE KEEP GOING! ;)

    ReplyDelete