Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Brief recap of today:

Girls group again today. Three of the four from last week came--no newcomers, but still! I'm excited to see what God does with this group. These girls are more the age I want to work with eventually, so I find Wednesdays the most encouraging. Don't get me wrong, I do love the kids club events...they're just harder for me to relate to. Hm.

I did finally get to go to Vineyard Church though! They have a young adults' group on Wednesday nights, and because the break dancers didn't come in and we didn't know their change in plans until AFTER our possible rides had left the Centre, we got to go to it. I hope that break dancers never come in on a Wednesday again so I can keep attending. I've missed having church like that, worshipping God with my peers and talking about Him in a relaxed setting. I hope it happens again and often.

Other than this, nothing else new... Oh, I did go on my first walk about Dungannon today! I left the Centre all on my own, and walked to a couple of the shops I've found in the town that I like. And I did make purchases...a sweatshirt for 5 pound, and a pair of black slip-on sneakers for 7. (In dollars, that's like $8 and $11, respectively.) The walk was lovely, though. It was nice to feel like I was fitting in for once, rather than bustling down the street with another American. I always feel more American when I'm around Lexie...which I think is usually the case when you're in another country--you're more apt to act like your own nationality when others who are that nationality are around. The only time I felt like I stuck out when I was on my own was when people looked at me strangely for wearing a winter coat when it was absolutely beautiful out. But here's why: so I knew it was really upper 50s F today, but I always think the weather is going to flip out on me in an instant, so I grabbed my jacket before my walk...which is the only jacket I brought with me to this country...and everyone else was out enjoying the sun. Because today was like their summer weather. Whoops. Looks like my next investment may be a spring/summer coat.

Anyway...that's it for today. Tomorrow: pizza party with the kids from the Anna estate, and then Friday is Come Dine With Me, American version!! We have top secret menu plans which I'll reveal after the event, just in case a Northern Ireland-er is trying to get the details.

1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by this. By you. By Northern Ireland. AHHH! I WANT TO BE THERE! Reading about your walk around Dungannon, it so AHHHH!!!! It makes me so excited about my future and it's just SO exciting to realize there is SO much more out there than just my own little world. ;) You are so BLESSED!!!!

    ReplyDelete