Monday, March 21, 2011

My Embarrassment:

Tonight, I got myself locked in the bathroom.

You see, the lock on the door has a tendency to fall off from time to time. And tonight, when I went to turn it, it fell off. No bother, though, I usually just push it back on when I'm through. Well, this evening, such was not the case. As I was leaving the bathroom, I went to push the nob back on the lock's core, and it only pushed the core in further. And when I went to try again (as just a nub was still outside the door), it was absolutely gone. SHOOT.

Lucky for me, both Evan and Lexie were downstairs...so after some awkward knocking on the door and timidly shouting for someone to come help me (and about a 5 minute wait for such answer to actually arrive), I made it out. Blushing, and completely embarrassed that I was that girl this evening. The girl who got locked in the bathroom.

Other than all this, today wasn't too eventful of a day. Lexie made Ben and I vegetable stir fry for dinner, which I always appreciate because it means I've escaped another sandwich meal. And I think I'm going to learn the guitar, courtesy of Ben. I hope I do, at least. I really do want to learn such a skill, I'm sick of not being to play any instruments besides the flute (which is utterly useless in everyday situations, you know).

I really do like my friends here. And if I didn't have people like Ben especially to teach me things like guitar and NI slang, I don't know what I'd do.

2 comments:

  1. When I first read this, before I read all the others, I laughed a lot. I hope they make fun of you a lot because of that. (To show you that you are loved.) ;) HAHA

    I really hope you don't hate sandwiches forever.

    How is playing the flute utterly useless? You mean you can't play it for your friends or... something? Haha Flutes are sweet. You could play the beginning to the Titanic song, which is why I ALWAYS wanted to learn to play the flute. I'm a wee bit jealous.

    Praise the Lord for your friends. He has an excellent way of putting great people in your path when you need it, ha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAD! THAT WAS THE LAST ONE!? SO SAD! I felt like I was just getting into with you, like I just got hooked on a really good book and then you ripped it away! Not fun!

    But anyway, that keeps me all suspenseful about future posts. ;)

    I love you, Emily!

    ReplyDelete