Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Mary"

I'll be honest. I don't have anything super exciting to share today. Except for Lexie and I found the one cafe which stays open after five, so we went out together and got some dinner down the street from the Centre. And I nearly got hit by a car (oops) because they don't have to stop for pedestrians here. Remind me to ALWAYS look both ways. At least twice. Because they are fast drivers here. I would never cut it. If I ever return here, I'm going to need to find someone who will take the wheel for me. Yikes.

Much of the day we spent doing random things in the office (nothing exciting), because there wasn't a whole lot to be done. We joked about "Mary", the supposed ghost (whom they chose to give the name Mary for some reason) that visits Ben at his house, the intern on staff from Northern Ireland. Lexie and I kept hearing noises and blamed them on Mary, that she must be visiting us at the Centre and making all the windy ruckus. Well, shouldn't have joked. My room light just started flickering slightly and making a little buzzing noise. Sorry, Mary. You are not to be messed with.

I know, this could just be wishful thinking, but I feel like my voice inflection is already shifting. Come on, Northern Irish accent. I will accept you and be your friend. I want to go home with an accent so badly... I don't care if it's only day two. I will take what I can get.

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to share tomorrow. I like this daily blogging thing for the time being. It keeps me on my toes.

Love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH. I told you in the earlier post to be careful of those crazy drivers, did I NOT!? THAT'S SO FUNNY!
    Not that you almost got hit by a car, but... You know. I now have a very strong desire to go drive over there. That would be AWESOME.

    Oh gosh, I want to hear your accent. That would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete