Thursday, March 10, 2011

So, are there actually kids?

Today was kind of discouraging. We were supposed to have the kids from the Annaghsee estate (it's entirely Catholic and sort of rough) to the Centre, but none came. I guess one of the kids had a birthday party and so they all went to that instead. Bummer. So I've had no hands-on experience with ministry yet. And that really stinks. But hopefully some kids come out to our event this weekend with KFC (Kids For Christ), because if they don't...I'm going to begin questioning whether these kids actually exist or not.

And I realized something during the course of today: every meal I've had here so far has been a sandwich. This needs to change, and soon. Not that I don't like sandwiches, because I LOVE them. But this is going a little overboard. I could eat sandwiches every day at Crown. I need to branch out. (Even if Cafe Latte, a place down the street, makes a great "toasty".) Like fish and chips. I wish I knew how to order them. But I want them. I'll make Ben tell me.

I also got to meet Steven McCready, the National Director for YFC-NI. He was really great, and hopes to come down in a few weeks and take Lexie and I out for lunch or something. Score! Way to go, Ken Castor. You know some great people.

I wish everyone reading this could come over here and meet all the people I'm excited to call my friends, and get to know this little town the locals want to get out of but I'd love to stay in forever. I wish I could give you all the money to come here. I would in a heartbeat. We could live this dream together.

1 comment:

  1. Sad, I thought KFC was Kentucy Fried Chicken.

    Well, I guess Kids for Christ is probably better than food.
    I hope. :/

    I wish I really could come visit you. How much money does that cost?

    ReplyDelete