Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tea Party

My day started at 2 o'clock at the office. If this is what the real world in parachurch ministry is like, I could get used to days like these. (Though a little more structure wouldn't be so bad...)

Lexie and I set up for the girls group, for ages 16-18, by putting out mugs for tea and buying milk and little sweets and cakes and bars from the bakery a couple doors down.


(We halved them, but you get the picture.)

Anyway, four girls came this week! Hooray! One was a volunteer from the Centre, but still! Three new faces! We talked about all things high school-esque, like Enrique Iglesias and just how fine he is (he's coming to do a show in Belfast and two of the girls were going) as well as painting our nails in bright pink hues (or I did, at least).

We got home at a decent hour tonight--6 o'clock! Hooray! Ben was so kind as to drive us, and I learned more about his taste in music. Electric guitar seems to be his fave...

As for Crown news, I discovered I didn't make it on GIT. And I'm more than a little upset about that...but not because of personal reasons. Crown, if you want to see people who care about missions, then you need to put people motivated in charge who want to see people care. Not people who just assume that everyone already loves missions. We all know that's a lie.

Sorry, that was my rant. Ugh. But who am I kidding, I'm already doing missions. Every single day I wake up in this country. And though I know I can't really say that to the locals in ministry...it is so true. What a broken country. What a broken world.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, thank you for your honesty and your heart for missions. I am so excited to hear about each new adventure you have.

    My nails are bright pink too. Have you seen any yarn shops yet?

    Keep strong, my knitting fiend friend!

    Rachel B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind Enrique either. Haha.

    Who is this Ben guy, exactly?

    What is GIT? Are you sure you want to be in something called GIT? I'm not sure about in NI, but here to be associated with GIT isn't great, I don't think... ;)

    Anyway. I agree with what beansnyarn said (Rachel B.) I love reading about your heart for missions. I hope your write more on that side of things in the future.

    ReplyDelete