Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today's Observations:

1. If you think your church at home is traditional, today I went to a church where they had assigned family seats. With little doors on each row.

2. If you are ever starving, come to Sarah's house. Her family will feed you until you just about die. I'm still full from the meal we had at 2 o'clock this afternoon (plus all the other food they stuffed into my body later).

3. If you ever want to come up with new slang, visit another country where they speak English as well but with a different vernacular. Not only will you start acquiring their words, but you'll also get so confused in the head that you'll begin making up your own. (They're going to think all Americans talk like me, soon, but really it's just that I keep forgetting my own language and come up with weird phrases on the spot on accident.)

4. If you ever want to see a forest covered in moss, come to Northern Ireland. They're beautiful here.

5. If you ever think you're always a dog person, meet Sarah's dog. He hates just about everyone. What happened to man's best friend, little guy? For being so small and cuddly-looking, he sure can be antisocial.

I did take some photos while in the forest today, and they turned out lovely. I'll be posting them soon. However, I think I'm going to try to sleep at a decent hour tonight--not since the first night I was here (when I was fighting the jet lag and going to bed at 7 pm) have I gone to sleep before 1 am. Absolutely ridiculous. Tonight, that will change.

1 comment:

  1. 1.) Little doors on the end of the row? SWEET! I mean... odd. But that's still kind of awkwardly cool.

    2.) Can I come to Sarah's right now? I'm hungry!

    3.) Ha wow, I so want to be there. Have I mentioned that? ;) I would have SO MUCH fun with the language! I bet it would be hilarious for you to see someone go through what you just had to go through, as well. HAHA

    4.) Someday!

    5.) Maybe he'll warm up to you? I hope! ;)

    Looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete