Monday, March 14, 2011

So, today I went to the ghetto...

Well, maybe not really. But it basically was. The ghetto of Dungannon.

The kids are wild. Like normal kids. But you can tell they need more boundaries. They need someone to care about them. They need someone to care about the fact that they curse. They need someone to care about the fact that they walk everywhere, without adult supervision, at only the age of seven. They need someone to care about the fact that they just stole from a store for fun, or that they decided to drop a dish in the middle of store because "it's only 2 pounds, why not?" They need someone to care about them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I wish I was there.

    That's the area of work I would like to go in to with Criminal Justice-kids. Juveniles. I want to be in a place of authority so I can care about them and still do something about their situations, hopefully. I hope you write more about them and their home lives and how you guys help them. That would be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete