Wednesday, March 30, 2011

KFC, the downside of tea-drinking, and other events

Last night's kids club program was GREAT. Two new kids came, as well as the two girls from last week plus a boy from the Anna estate who came alone. And he was SO well behaved! Love that boy. A little tyrant, but still he comes. I wonder what the Lord is doing in His heart. I'm sure it's something.

And recently, I've fallen ill with a sinus cold. The right side of my face is quite upset with me, and all I want to do is take a bunch of nighttime cold medicine and knock myself out for how ever long it takes to become better again. I want to wake up tomorrow and be well. I've had enough illness this past month to suit a whole year, and enough is enough. The reason for the illness: my incessant tea-drinking (rather than water...), and my poor sleeping and eating habits, no doubt. (I've put my mother and aunt on this task, but anyone know some good basic recipes for one? That require very little groceries? And even if they're a bit larger, things that could keep for reheating to eat a second time? Oh, intern life. Gotta love it...)

Today, however, was a day of some firsts.
ONE: I went to Armagh, a town a wee bit from here.
TWO: I went to Craigavon, another town in the area which has one of the 3 or 4 malls in all of Northern Ireland. (Malls aren't a thing here, fyi. A shopping center is a super American thing, so generally stores here are just little shops or something...) I made some smart purchases, if people like I'll post some pictures. (Let me know on that one, though. I won't if I don't get feedback.)
THREE: I tried a sausage roll! They're Ben's fave, and "they're quite nice" (frequently food is described here as "nice" rather than "good" or "tasty"...weird, but I like it). He brought them back for his late lunch and asked me if I wanted to try a bite, and it was great. We don't have anything really like this in America...I'll have another one and take a picture for yous.

P.S. I'm really going to start intentionally using the lingo of the area even in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment