Friday, April 1, 2011

Today was an off day, but I learned a few things...

...which includes:

1. I can understand almost everyone's accent here but one person, and I always feel bad when I haven't a clue what he's saying...but I think his wee speech impediment doesn't help the situation.
2. I love "Many of Horror" by Biffy Clyro, a UK band. Please love them with me.
3. I don't really like eating chips (fries) with a fork and knife. It's so awkward. But I do it because I must.
4. And malt vinegar is wonderful. I'm never living without it again. (I've had it before, but I'm just appreciating it more and more lately.)
5. The kids here are crazy. But I love them. And having an American accent is totally to my advantage here, because they all stop and listen to me. Maybe I won't strive so much for a NI accent after all. (Not yet, at least.)
6. When I'm too quiet, Ben becomes suspicious of what I'm thinking.
7. Lexie was wise to take the day off because of illness. Maybe my sinus cold would go away faster if I slowed down a bit. But I really don't want to. I want to live each and every day here.
8. I want to learn the guitar more and more.

Tomorrow's plans: nothing. Unless my friend Jonny comes up with something. But I suppose if he doesn't, that's fine too, because I have a Skype date planned for tomorrow evening with girls from school! Hooray! And nothing for Sunday either, which is also fine by me. I think a normal weekend with normal bumming around the house and normal making of meals and normal chores is in order. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment