Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Let it Bud

My oh my, how time flies.

I've been here a week short of two months now, and I still can't believe this is my life. But I just want to see what God has in store now, and see it bloom like never before. Let that bud form, Lord. I want to see Your works.

This past weekend was Easter, obviously, but it was so different than doing Easter back home. They don't really do the big family meal thing here--we had dinner with the parents of the husband again, but that was simply because the wife was working. No reason beyond that, as far as I could tell. But once again, a fine meal. I do love that couple.

Then Monday, I went with a group of people from the church to the Bangor Convention (called such as it's held in Bangor, a town better than an hour's drive from here and on the other side of Belfast), which was a variety of church folks listening to preachers and faith stories and worship and things like that. During the afternoon break, we wandered about Bangor (and I did take a few pictures) and had a good time. The sun was bright, and the sky was clear, and I could only think about how blessed I am to be here, to be with these people, to be doing what I'm doing, to feel the way I feel.

Today was a rough day. I was absolutely exhausted from yesterday's adventures about Bangor, and didn't have much life in me. But I do love Jesus, more than anything. And I do love this country. And I do love these kids. And I do love these friends.

Prayer Request:
Tomorrow begins StreetReach. Pray that my health stays up, and that my heart stays strong. And that my voice keeps with me, as it's my first time helping to lead worship...and I'm not sure what kind of funny things could happen. Pray that the communities respond positively, and that kids are about to attend the kids clubs in the evenings and become connected with our Centre and our ministry. And pray that I get adequate sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment