Thursday, April 7, 2011

Add a Dash of Independence

Last night, just before the break dancing group came in to use the space (I'm so used to it, it's not even very exciting to see break dancing anymore), I had a one-on-one meeting with my supervisor here. And it went so well!

First off, I discovered that I'm not crazy for wanting to live here. She moved here when she was just 17. I'm going to start setting as many leads out as possible so I can return. Done and done.

Second, I have a few things that I might get to head up at the Centre, which would be exciting. And I told her that I would like to get practice in leading worship, as it's something I've always wanted to do but never have. I also get to paint a mural on the wall in the Centre! I've always wanted to paint a mural, and now I'll finally get to do it...hopefully I can come up with something fitting.

And I brought up the fact that I feel so isolated sometimes, and I just want to get out and do something rather than just sit at home. (I'm used to a college-student's pace. I can take a lack of sleep for the sake of an adventure.) So on Sunday evening, rather than going home I'll be heading to Belfast with her (where she lives) and spending Monday and a bit of Tuesday there. What will I do? No idea. But I'm willing to go out and get lost for excitement's sake. What kind of abroad intern would I be if I didn't have at least one adventure on my own?

Today: staff day. I haven't a clue where we're going and what we're doing, but I'm sure it'll be grand. I'm definitely going to have a hearty breakfast, because I think most of it will be outdoors. (Something I would have hated in Minnesota just because it's all so familiar, but here...outdoors isn't so bad at all.) I want to climb a grassy hill or something. And I'll be sure to take photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment