Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wee Adventures in the Kitchen

Today, I made myself a salad for lunch. And then I realized they don't have ranch here. No bother, I thought. I'll just use something else. But no other options were sitting in the fridge OR the pantry. Shooooooot. So, I got inventive and made my own--and it was actually not bad. But next time, I will definitely plan ahead...

And then today when I was searching through the cupboards (being nosey, no big deal), I found pancake mix! And chocolate chips! So, in honor of my dear Crownies whose last-resort meal is always a chocolate chip waffle with peanut butter on top...I decided to make myself a pancake. And it was TOTAL flop. I'm pretty sure a better description would have been crepe mix rather than pancakes...because they were super thing, super watery, and super weird. Somehow I managed to both under-cook and burn one of the two I made...(and the other one was completely under-cooked, by the way). Both attempts went straight to the trash, and the rest of the batter went down the drain. Never again.

(Oh, and by the way, random fun fact: you can buy pancakes here just like you would any other bread product, ready-made in the bakery aisle. No joke. So weird. Next time I'm cravin' a pancake, that's where I'll head first. No more freak-show ones for me.)

So, because of this...I think I'll probably resort to something manageable for dinner. Like spaghetti. That's easy enough, right? Right?


Take two: pasta, chicken breast, and bolognese sauce (a.k.a. spaghetti sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment