Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Won't Back Down (a.k.a. A Rant of Sorts)


I'm learning the art of saying "no".
See, I'm the easily-pushed-over type. But then, I'm also passive-aggressive, so I hold every single moment I'm pushed over in a wee bottle and burst them all out eventually and then force myself not to throw fists.

And I hate being looked down upon for my age by my peers. PEERS. Just because you're a few months older does not make you infinitely wiser. Fact.

Today, my friends and family, was just one of those days. A button was pushed just one time too many, and I refused to take it. I was pleasant, mind you. But I did say no.

Alright, now that we've got that settled...

It was a fine day today. I designed a mural for the Centre...

(something like this...but different colors)

...and I put together some more ideas for the prayer room...
...and I bought groceries.

So, perhaps it wasn't the best of days. But it wasn't bad.

Oh, and P.S. about the Staff Meeting I went to yesterday, where I met more YFC-NI faces...it was great. We had a man speaking about the consistency of God between the Old and New Testaments, and for all those in the room it was a stimulating conversation starter. (Can't say the same for me, just because I've had to write essays and read books about this subject for Crown, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. It was more a matter of watching something come to life to other people, though.)

Welp, looks like I lost track of time again, it's nearly 12:30am. Oops. Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment