Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Ambition

Today, I went to Portadown.

A convoy of cars left Dungannon bright and early this morning to leave the team off at the train station there, on their way to Dublin for the day then fly out tomorrow morning. I joined them and said my goodbyes on the platform (a very strange experience, considering they all live about 3 hours away from myself rather than across an ocean).

Following their departure, Ben, Karen, and I went to a coffee shop called Kingdom Cafe for breakfast. And it was lovely. It's a coffee shop run by Christians, and they have it pretty well decked out. I got a vanilla latte and a raspberry and white chocolate scone, no disappointment to be heard of there. And while I was sitting there, conversing with Karen and Ben and sipping on my latte, I got to thinking...

I really do want to work in a coffee shop.

Now, I completely understand I'll be broke, and that it's not the kind of job you can have forever, and blah blah blah. I know this, I do. But really, it would be wonderful. I could sell my handknit goods (like the hat the girl behind the counter complimented me on so heavily--way to go, Mum! Pretty sure she'd have bought it off me if I'd have let her!), and paint murals on the walls, and learn how to make a mean espresso drink, and listen to awesome music and have live acoustic nights, and start up a secondhand shop as well. It would be...class, brilliant, fantastic, unreal, everything everything everything great and wonderful and beautiful.

I want to do this. Really and truly.

P.S. Here's an article I found today during my wee bit of internet browsing, please read.

No comments:

Post a Comment