Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Staff Meetings

Today, we had a Staff Meeting down in Belfast, so it was an early start to the day for the interns. Hurrah. But I did get to spend some more quality time with the girls from Dromore, and shared my heart for ministry with one of the two. She's leaving NI shortly, which is disheartening because I really wish we could have hung out. I think we would've gotten on well. Anyway, she told me about a church which offered her an internship to come back, and she gave me a card. So I'm going to try to look into it. It's for a church that's meant for people who don't go to church. LOVE IT. And heck, if she and I could both work it to come back here one day, I'd be all for that. Amen.

Following the meeting, the interns stayed in Belfast for some training sessions with YFCers from other centres. And it went quite well. I learned about how to do proper detached work (so beneficial, because I've really had NO idea what to do when we've gone out...), as well as about preparing for and going into the schools for assemblies and such. And it picks up again tomorrow with three more sessions, 10-2. At least this time it's on our own turf, though. And one of the sessions is on "developing yourself as a leader," which is something I need to learn.

And tonight at Kids For Christ, we just had one girl show...but on the plus side, she's shown EVERY week since the first night she came. Which I think is something like 5 weeks in a row. And I'm all for that. Especially after learning about building relationships today during our intern training.

Anyway, off to sleep now. What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment