Sunday, May 1, 2011

Let's back up a wee bit: StreetReach

I haven't been as active a blogger lately. But you'll soon understand why.

This past week was CRAZYCRAZYCRAZY. As in I got very little sleep, acquired a lovely sunburn and lanyard tan line on the back of my neck, jumped in a bouncing castle for the first time in many years, picked up many shards of glass in the different parks, heard a new language (Lithuanian), dripped paint on my clothing, wore one shirt for 3 days, spent no time in the office at all, walked all around town, led worship, and much more. Ay yai yai.

But it was a good wee week. I really got wrecked from all the hands-on work, but at the same time was forced to really break down some of the barriers I'd set up between myself and God. I'm learning how much I need to rely on him, and how much I currently don't. And it sucks. But I'm going to keep pressing forward.

As for a few topical things...

I didn't really watch much of the Royal Wedding. Sorry, friends and fam back home. I'm really not all that into the wedding thing...but it did look lovely, the bits I saw during the hour break we all took to watch it at Ben's place on Friday.

I have eaten more this past week than I have during the course of any other week I've been here. How I'll make it through this next week, no idea. But the Lord provides, so I'll just keep leaning on him...

As for sleep, I've gotten phenomenally worse in my patterns. I don't think I've slept a full night since my arrival in this country. This needs to be improved. Starting tonight. I am going to have my lights out by 11:30, I think. I hope. I will. Yes.

P.S. Tomorrow is a bank holiday here, which means I get the day off. What will it be devoted to, you ask? Reading for spiritual health, reading for entertainment, going for a walk with a camera in tow, perhaps a Skype call is someone is so willing...the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment