Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, USA!

Here, it's just like any other day. It's always weird to think about what people are doing back home, back in Minnesota, and about how different the weather looks and how different the people look and sound and walk and joke and everything. Like today, the papers were probably filled with ads this week for different Mother's Day deals and specials at the florist, the department stores, the restaurants, everything. Whereas here, Mother's Day has come and gone. Mums here have already been celebrated. I had to buy my card to mail home at the end of March because otherwise I never would've found one this time of year here.

But today, I've got a Skype time with my own mum. It's definitely not going to be the same as being at home to tell her, but it'll suit for the time being.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment