Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Crazy Week Ahead

This will be the last post for awhile, I do believe. Here's why:

Tonight: Safe Haven relaunch--it's a ministry they've done here in the past, but it was stopped for a while when the Centre changed hands and was getting back on its feet again. Tonight, it starts up again with a worship/prayer service at 9 (where I will be singing alongside Ben's guitar playing), and then the actual event from 12-3am. I likely won't be home until 4. Yikes.

Tomorrow: Possibly a trip to Dromore after I've recovered from the previous night. There's a chili fundraiser that another girl in YFC is holding to help pay for as much rent as she can raise--she's originally from the States but has relocated her entire life out here. I want to be this girl, if you can't tell. And another Crownie will be there, she just arrived about 2 weeks ago, and I've been itching to see a face from back home in person.

Then...: Ten days of Americans. There's a team coming from Marshall, just a two hour drive away from where I'm from. So surreal. I don't know any of them, by the way. They're coming from our Centre Manager's sending church, but it certainly will be weird to be around Minnesotans again after so long...and I really hope the adults coming have super sweet MN accents that the locals here have to listen to--and then they'll realize how mild, meek, and tame mine is. (I really don't think I have one at all, actually.)

Anyway, a crazy crazy week here. Plus on Thursday I'm going to a Matt Redman concert in Belfast--and to be completely honest, I'm looking forward more to one of the other acts than Redman himself. Rend Collective Experiment, a band that Ben introduced me to, is such class and I hear they're even better in concert. I'll be camera ready, promise.

All my love to those back home! I'm just over half-way with my internship now, and as difficult as it will be to say "see you later, NI" (because I refuse to believe it's a goodbye, my heart and my head just can't confirm such a thought), it will be such a joyous occasion to see all of your smiling faces again.

No comments:

Post a Comment