Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ketchup? No, Catch Up.

Blogger was down for the last couple days. So, just let me retrace my steps for a wee moment...

Thursday: We had something called Precepts Ministries in the centre, teaching the team about how to do an inductive Bible study. It was interesting stuff, it really was. Problem is I've learned this before. Twice. Once from the best professor of the Bible I could ever ask for. So, poor Gareth, I'm sorry...but much of the time I just wanted to go at the passage my own way. We have a follow-up night next month where we'll talk about how we applied the methods...and on that evening, I'll just have to buckle through it once more.

Friday: Just Ben and myself in the office, where I had a few wee tasks. And because it was Friday, Friday, and we had to get down on Friday, we went to The Press for lunch. I must learn how to make butternut squash soup when I go back to the States. Otherwise my taste buds will mourn the loss. Oh, and I want to learn how to bake bread. I realize I won't be able to make wheaten bread because we don't have the flour for it in the States....but never again will I eat proper soup without the proper bread. It just wouldn't be as lovely.
That evening, we had the Presbyterian youth club again after a long hiatus, which went well enough. It was hard for myself, because not one young girl was present, so I felt lost in a sea of boys shouting and screaming and running around. They're good boys. They just need to take a long break from all forms of sugar. Like until they hit puberty, for example.
Following youth club, the leaders went out to the cinema, where we saw "Hanna". To be honest, I really did like it. I would watch it again, even. But I can see all the reasons others wouldn't be satisfied with it. It was definitely made to be as edgy as possible, though.

And that, my friends, brings us to today. I haven't a single plan yet for my little ol' self, but I'll come up with something. If nothing else, I need to clean my room here at the house--it's an absolute wreck. (Well, not really. But I haven't spent much time in it the past week and a half, so it's gotten a bit cluttered.) And do laundry. No walk for me today, though--we've had such a stretch of rain and wind, it's unreal. Welcome back, Northern Irish weather. It's rained every day in on-and-off bits this whole week, and every time the sun pecks out a hole in the clouds for a wee moment I think, it's coming out again! And then back behind those clouds it goes. I hope one of these times it comes out to stay for a week again.

Anyway. There's a few wee rants I could have with yous, but I think I'll put them off for the next blog post. Thoughts regarding missions in Europe mostly. Perhaps that'll be an afternoon activity for myself!

Sending my love to America...


No comments:

Post a Comment