Friday, June 10, 2011

Snow Tubing in June

See that title?

That's what I did tonight with the youth club. Insane, right? I thought so, too. (And I still think so.)

It was the last night of the Presbyterian youth club, so we took them to the "slope" in Craigavon. And this morning, when I was preparing for it, I hadn't a clue what I was supposed to dress in. Is it a legitimate slope? Do I need a winter jacket? Layers? Prepare for getting wet? How does this even work? How can snow even stay on the ground? Why has no one questioned this--and why has no one filled me in on what it looks like to snow tube in a country that gets very little snow?

Well, turns out they have a giant net of white artificial grass that's like a big brush which they lay over the hill. So, no real snow. And it's outside, so dress for walking up a hill several times but otherwise like normal.

Good thing I found all this out after being picked up in the morning...but it was still fun.

Still one of the strangest experiences of my life, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment