Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Facebook-free!

I've been Facebook-free since yesterday afternoon, and though it's been a relatively short period of time (not even a day and a half), I feel a heck of a lot lighter without it.

And though you'll still find me online, I have absolutely no access to it at the minute, as I handed over the password to Ben because I knew I was spending far too much time online. Aimlessly wandering through photos and profiles and comments from friends back home, friends from here, people I haven't talked to in years, people I haven't talked to hardly ever. It was getting out of control, so on Monday I surrendered my account.

Though I'm quite aware I'll likely be fraped before all is said and done, it'll be grand. It's actually a really great feeling to have no control over something at all--because no matter how much I fought this, I won't be getting my password out of him until I've shown that I don't need Facebook as a part of my life.

So, readers, if you try to get in touch with me via Facebook, rethink it. Because I won't be checking it for likely a week or two--we'll see how long Ben holds it from me. Shoot me an email instead, and I'll be sure to come in touch with you (be it for a Skype call/chat or for an update email or anything else you'd like) as I'm still very much on top of that sector of life.

Peace out, scouts. I'm using my free time to read, practice guitar (because I'm really getting somewhere with it, finally!!), and sleep. All neglected things, all very beloved things.

No comments:

Post a Comment