Friday, June 17, 2011

I heart Fridays

Today was a fantastic day. Here's why:

1. So easily convinced Ben last night that we should go into the office an hour later than he suggested, meaning I got another full hour of sleep after being absolutely shattered yesterday. (More on that later, probably.)
2. Worked from The Press rather than the office, and got some social interaction rather than staring at a screen by myself.
3. Gladly ordered a raspberry and white chocolate scone, a gingerbread latte, and a bowl of the soup of the day (butternut squash and bacon) + wheaten in total today. I love The Press. And I will never order the same way I once did at coffee shops ever again.
4. Guitar lesson. And though I'm always hesitant going in because I get nervous playing in front of people, that they're going to look at me and think, "What a joke, she can't play a single thing"--but now that Ben's pushing me to join in, I don't get a choice. Today, however, I proved that I do have the G scale memorized (though it's quite slow), and that I can pick up theory (likely because of all those years playing flute, but even more likely because of my many years of choir).

This last bit is my real reason for writing another blog post. Because tonight, back at the house and after eating dinner (mashed potatoes, because I was too lazy to think of anything else), I decided to pick up the guitar and practice what I'd learned earlier. And I can now play the accompaniment for the verses in "Free Falling", as well as the entirety of "How Great is Our God"--yeoooo!

Yous have no idea how proud of this I am. My fingers are going to be bruised tomorrow--I need to build up a callus quite badly...but now that I can actually play something recognizable, I feel loads of encouragement to do so.

Tomorrow: relaxing about the house + cleaning (I keep saying it, so perhaps I should actually do it), Skype call with the fam, and Safe Haven that evening. And plenty more guitar.

P.S. Still Facebook free, and though I go back and forth on whether or not I should attempt to hack into my account (because sure Ben wouldn't hand over my password if I demanded it), it's evenings like tonight that make me feel more confident about leaving it behind for a wee while.

No comments:

Post a Comment