Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nap Day

Safe Haven took place last night at the Centre, and though the town was alive the Centre remained quiet. Once people left the pubs and the clubs, they went to their cars straight after--so no one came up to the Centre. But in two weeks' time, we'll be back out again to give it a go.

However, the last two nights I didn't go to bed until at least half 2 (a.k.a. 2:30), which was very very unwise of me. And today, shortly after getting home from church, after changing clothes and cleaning up some of my things from the morning, my bed just looked so comfortable...

It began with me crawling beneath the covers and going online.
Then the internet got mucked up, so I started reading the book my mum sent in a care package.
Then my eyes grew tired from trying to keep characters and background stories straight...

And before I knew it, I jolted awake with Lexie at my door telling me that lunch was ready. And I knew I'd only been sleeping for about 20 minutes at most, but with how quickly I was out I knew the best thing was to just give in and take the nap.

So I did. For the next 4 hours. (And they even saved me a plate, so lovely.)

Things I've learned:
Never, ever stay up that late willingly when I know other late nights are required soon after.
It's not bad to just give in to sleep during the day, even when it's against a held principle.
Should I ever get to choose my own fixtures in a house, I'll be sure not to choose any that wake one up just by the use of them and without any announcement from the user. (I woke up not to the sound of Lexie's voice, but the sound of the door handle creaking against the wood.)

That's all at the minute. (Oh, and in case you were wondering, I have never ever fallen asleep in church to date. Though there have been many instances of doodling on paper scraps to keep my mind sharp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment