Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Danger, danger!"

Today, I spent quite a portion of time in Belfast getting trained in First Aid.

I'll be honest, I hated it. I really don't like practical work like that--having to get up and move around and treat someone according to a scenario and pretend like they're about to die if I don't help them. Seriously, not my thing. But, all fine and good--now I'm certified for the next 3 years. (Just, no one get injured on my watch or anything. I still can't remember the order of anything when he kept repeating "DRS-ABCDE". And I'll likely break your neck on accident. And I'll accidentally say "danger, danger!" when I'm actually just supposed to be checking for danger...oops.)

Then the second half of the day, we had Drop-In at the Centre. A few new faces came up, and though they were connected to the Centre in some way prior (three girls came up, one being a sister of a volunteer and the other two being her friends), it was still quite encouraging to see new faces and to get others into the Centre besides the regular crowd. I was beat by a 15-year-old on Just Dance (after totally creaming her two rounds in a row before she started to get determined), but it was all good craic.

And now, I'm completely shattered. After being up at 7 and having a full day, I'm ready for bed.

As I often hear on this side of the pond said by adults to adults, "Ni'night."

No comments:

Post a Comment