Sunday, June 26, 2011

Last Week (and How it Flew):

Monday: Sierra arrived, another American intern--she'll be here until 3 August, so only two days longer than myself. Oh, and my mentor took me out for lunch and bought me a top. What a lovely, lovely woman.

Tuesday: Drop In, which was absolute chaos due to some from Annaghshee calling up...and deciding to cause a ruckus in the Centre any way possible.

Wednesday: Lots and lots and lots of prep work for the schools work (Th & Fr). That's pretty much it.

Thursday: Half the day spent with the P7s of one of the primary schools. A grand day, though I was beat afterwards. And a meeting with Krystal, which involved a few tears on my part but again positive.

Friday: Half the day spent with the P7s of another primary school. Went to The Press for lunch, which never disappoints. Guitar lessons were class, and I'm now on my way to learning Mighty To Save--but this journey will be a bit longer, as I haven't had time to practice yet... That night, a party at Ben & Gareth's, which was great craic. I got to hang out quite a bit with Alicia, which was very needed I soon found out. She's brilliant. I'm definitely blessed to have her at Crown with me next year...otherwise I would die.

Saturday: Being I spontaneously stayed over at Ben's with Alicia, I spent my day there as well. A bit of helping Ben clean, and a bit of lounging on the laptop and downloading loads of free, legal music (noisetrade.com). That evening, going to The Press for their once-monthly live music night. To be honest, I was not exactly "present" most of the time...and when Ben picked up on it and asked if I was "tired or bored", I didn't want to answer the question. I was neither. And I knew the actual answer wouldn't come out kindly, so I held my tongue.

Though it would probably help to get it out, some things are better left unsaid. At least when the person it involves is within earshot, and it's not their fault either.

No comments:

Post a Comment