Monday, August 8, 2011

My Aftermath

Today marks the day when I've been back in the States for a week.

It's really interesting how quickly I find myself moving right back into the groove of being here again. My new accent slips in and out (and is especially prominent when I'm talking about the country and the people I love, an ocean away), but I feel I've adjusted to the Central Time Zone again. Sometimes, it's truly as if I never left and the past five months were a dream, and other times it's as if I'm not really here either--or at least, not really meant to be here.

Which, to be honest, is the present case. Every time I check a clock, after registering what time it is here in Minnesota I immediately add on the 6 hours to figure out what time it is in Northern Ireland, and what my friends there are likely up to (should they be up at all). Really, it's funny how time slips by so quickly...it feels as if I've just landed here but really it's near time for me to be headed back to Crown for my last year of school. A concept I am far from considering, but at the same time so willing to undertake.

My life is absolutely ridiculous. And I love it. Who would have honestly thought a year ago that right in this moment I'd be fresh from one adventure and ready to undertake the next one so suddenly? Not me. I never used to be adventurous like this. But I certainly don't mind it...

No comments:

Post a Comment