Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summertime Blues

So, yes, I realize that my posts have been increasingly less frequent and detailed since that second month of my internship. Oops. Sorry, kids. Guess you'll just have to wait for the stories when I'm home again in August.

Lately, though, I've had too much time to think. Thinking about goodbyes, and about reunions. About my nearing arrival back at Crown and about my time away from it. About sleeping on couches and on air mattresses in churches, and about my home back in MN. About all the adjustments I've had to make to living, and about how I'm going to have to adjust back again shortly.

I've had too much time to think.

It's really bittersweet, these last three weeks here in Northern Ireland. I know rightly it's going to fly by so quickly that even a sprint car couldn't catch it. And I know I'm going to have a hard time getting back into the swing of being at home again, because now more than ever I feel ready to move on to the next phase of life--the one where I take another big step towards real adulthood and away from "student life". (Not saying I'll actually be an adult, because I don't know when I'll ever get there...but it's closer.)

But at the minute, the most adult thing I can do is to return back to Minnesota, finish up my schooling, keep the aspirations I've developed since coming here to Northern Ireland, and plan for what lies ahead.

That being said, though the goodbyes will be difficult I really am looking forward to seeing all my loved ones from the States again! Coffee dates and living room chats galore!

P.S. In 12 hours I'll be getting into a car on my way to the New Wine Conference in Sligo, in the South. So guess what, I'll get to count it as another country! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment